Today's industry is becoming increasingly competitive with the impact of globalization, and competition continues to increase. In this context; companies face various challenges in order to shorten their design / production processes and to reduce the cost, and not to compromise on their quality. Sometimes, they make various concessions to overcome these challenges. At this point ABAQUSprovides users with a unique experience in the processes of understanding and analyzing design and production processes.
ABAQUSis an integrated finite element software that does not belong to a specific industry. In addition to being used in a wide variety of industries such as aerospace, automotive, construction, medical sector, it also meets the analysis needs of scientific researches. ABAQUS From very simple linear problems to the most demanding complex problems, many different areas can be simulated. Thanks to the wide variety of material models and finite element types it offers, it provides the user with the opportunity to effectively analyze the linear and non-linear large-scale projects which are difficult to solve by classical methods which can be realized by using the finite element method. to determine.
ABAQUS with; conceptual design improvements, assembly analyzes and complex production analysis. In addition to this, a wide range of material models and element types can be used to identify and analyze new materials. On the other hand, it offers healthy and reliable results thanks to the fact that you can use a combination of implicit and explicit methods. Using a combination of explicit and implicit methods reduces the analysis process significantly, while allowing the user to analyze a progressive event step by step using the data of the previous stage. In addition, the programmable features and the customization of the interface allow the design of various interfaces specific to the company and industry. the AbaQus ABAQUS / Standard, ABAQUS / Explicit and ABAQUS / CFD There are 3 types of analysis package. ABAQUS's capabilities can be further enhanced with various extensions.
ABAQUS has a very large, powerful and reliable finite element library that is expanding day by day. One of the reasons for having a flexible finite element software is that it offers solutions in many different areas thanks to its very large element library. ABAQUS is not only a finite element software used for structural analysis. In fact, it provides finite element solutions to areas that are much different than structural analysis.
Outside the building / construction analysis with ABAQUS:
- Heat transfer problems can be solved. (heat, heat-fluid, heat-electric etc.)
- Mass transfer problems can be solved.
- Thermal analysis of electrical components can be performed.
- Acoustic problems (internal-external acoustic) can be solved.
- Soil mechanics problems can be solved. (Space Fluid Analysis)
- Piezoelectric (semi-conductive) materials can be analyzed.
- Electromagnetic analysis can be performed.
- Flow analysis can be performed.
ABAQUS is divided into three types of packages: ABAQUS / Standard, ABAQUS / Explicit, ABAQUS / CFD and
ABAQUS / Standard: ABAQUS is a solution for general purpose and flexible finite element solutions that can solve many problems with linear and non-linear characteristics. Using this solvent; It is the most efficient solution for static, quasi static and slow dynamic events. For example: high-accuracy events such as gasket sealing, continuous movement of a tire on the road, crack development in composite materials can be modeled using abaqus / standard solvent. A multi-step process can be analyzed with one model. The wide and flexible material module allows the user to model the most advanced materials. The large finite element library helps to achieve the most accurate results in the shortest possible time. Its extensive and detailed documentation provides a wide range of information for the user when required.
- Uses the implicit solution method.
- Non-linear static models based on material and geometry can be analyzed.
- In transient models, non-linearities originating from geometry can be modeled to a certain extent.
- Static gives the best results for simulated static and slow simulations.
- There are hybrid formulations for the simulation of incompressible elements (rubber, rubber, etc.).
- It contains a wide variety of element types for modeling different problems.
- The strong contact algorithm facilitates the modeling of contact surfaces and gives accurate and reliable results.
ABAQUS / Explicit: Abaqus / Explicit is a finite element solvent developed for a specific set of analyzes. Uses Explicit method. It offers effective solutions to model dynamic events that occur in a short time and completely non-linear, such as impact, explosion, fall, collision, impact. In addition, Abaqus / standard quasi static simulations can be done with explicitle.
- Uses Explicit method.
- Non-linear effects from geometry, material and boundary conditions can be included in the analysis.
- It provides the best, healthy and reliable results for the analysis of detailed events that occur quickly, like multiplication, falling, explosion.
- It does not require iterations for contact conditions, thus reducing the cost of calculation.
- As in the standard, the explicite has a strong contact algorithm.
- Does not take up standard space on the hard disk. It gives more reliable and effective results for big problems.
ABAQUS / CFD: Abaqus CFD is a computational fluid dynamics module. Provides solutions to a wide range of turbulent incompressible flow problems.
- ABAQUS / CAE offers the possibility of preproses and post processing in the field of advanced fluid dynamics. With Abaqus / CFD, a wide range of non-linear heat-fluid and building-fluid problems can be solved.
- Incompressible laminar and turbulent internal and external flow problems with Abaqus CFD can be solved as steady state or transient. With Abaqus / CFD it is even possible to perform a flow analysis of very complex geometries.
- Equations that contain heat-convection and require additional energy equation for its solution can also be included in the ABAQUS / CFD solvable model.
- By using the Arbitrary Lagrange Euler (ALE) definition, the equations of motion, heat transfer and turbulent transport can be analyzed by the deformable mesh. In addition, deformable mesh problems may also include predefined boundary movements.
ABAQUS / CAE (Complete Abaqus Environment): An integrated and useful modeling (post-porses) interface developed for Abaqus / Standard / Explicit / CFD. The customization and development interface allows the modeling time to be significantly reduced. It provides modeling, assembly, analysis and result display modules to the user in a single interface. Thanks to this feature is easy to understand and simple to learn.
It is possible to create parts and assemblies using the interface, and the user can also import CAD data from outside. On the other hand, it can work integrally with different programs. CATIA V5, SolidWorks and Pro / ENGINEER also have modules that work together with ABAQUS to increase the speed at which the component or assembly modifications appear in the finite element model.